What are the things you are most proud of accomplishing in 2016? What are the things you want to accomplish in 2017? Make a list of goals you want to accomplish for this year and get started on the right foot and off to a great start! Follow the SMART Goals to ensure your goals are achievable.
- Set a Behavior Goal – What behavior will I choose? How often? (example: Walk 3 days per week on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at lunchtime)
- Monitor – How will I monitor my behavior gaol? (example: Make a mark on a wall calendar for each day I keep track)
- Arrange My World – How will I change my surroundings to reach my behavior goal? (example: Keep walking shoes at work)
- Recruit Support – Who will I ask to support me in reaching my behavior goal? (example: Have a conversation with support person on how I want to receive support)
- Treat Myself – How will I reward myself every time I do my behavior? (example: Tell myself I did a great job every time I walk as planned; place gold star on calendar when I return from walk)
Have you ever thought about participating in a 5k but don’t know where to start? Has exercise been on your mind but can’t seem to find the time? LWBW is proud to launch a new fitness program called Ready, Set, 5k!
This 12 week training program, which offers weekly on-site training at Kaiser Permanente–Eureka Campus, is designed to motivate and promote walking and running for those who are beginner walkers or those just starting an exercise program. Our coaches will provide one on one counseling and support for you to reach your fitness goals. The goal at the end of 12 weeks is to prepare you to walk or jog Run to Clothe the Homeless, a charity race benefiting homeless individuals in the Sacramento area.
Training will start on Wednesday, March 15
Walkway behind MOBII (same location as Farmers’ Market)
Drop In Times:
11am to 2pm
3pm to 5pm
Saturday Training will be held at Maidu Park – 1550 Maidu Dr, Roseville, CA 95661
Time:8:00am to 10am
After entering Maidu turn left go past the library and community center and head to the back dirt parking lot past the baseball fields and by the soccer field